Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 3: I saw the scale, now I'm a Believer!

Today is Day 3 of the sugar/white flour fast and I am feeling much more awake and "with it" today. I do kind of feel like a cold may be coming on, but I've also read that when you detox from sugar, you can often experience drainage in the throat, much like you get when you're sick, and it is your body finding ways to expel the toxins. Not sure if this is what's going on or if I'm just getting sick, but I'm hoping for the best.

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today, and I lost 2 pounds! Keep in mind, that this is two pounds since I last went, but actually 3 pounds since I last weighed myself on WEDNESDAY! I'm hoping that this is a nice precursor of the week to come. Tomorrow will prove to be a challenge, as they are throwing a shower for me at work and there will be cake...and then we're eating out, but I have a solid plan for that involving steak and veggies, so that might fare well. It's the cake I'm worried about.

Here's what today's meals looked like:

Breakfast: 1/4 cup raw unsalted mixed nuts and a lot of water. (Maybe not the best breakfast, though it did keep me going for hours.)

Lunch: Turkey Chili with salsa and cheese

Snack: 1/4 cup of nuts and I'm also going to be roasting some cauliflower that I need to use...

Dinner: Green Chili Stew, made with ground beef and potatoes. Ear of corn with butter (yep, butter is ok in moderation!)

If needed, another snack can be had of nuts or cauliflower, but I'm thinking dinner will sustain me. It's been doing a good job of that lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment