Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Days 4 and 5: I got knocked down

So, on Day 4, I gave in to the shower cake. And then, at dinner, there was an amazing looking special involving white tortillas...so, as I feared, giving in once gave way to a second time. They say if you fall, you should start the entire ten days over again. I am doing this only for my weight, not to cure diabetes, so I figured I could just have a fresh start on Day 5. I noticed a big jump in energy after eating those carb-laden foods, but then I paid for it this morning in the form of water weight gain and digestive nonsense. So, Day 5, I am proceeding as though I was never sidetracked. I am still feeling sick-ish, and I say that because I'm feeling cold symptoms that aren't fully coming to fruition. I am still convinced it is my body releasing toxins, and not my normal tri-yearly sinus infection. I would have declined way worse by now if it was...

Day 4 Menu: (derailed though it was)

Breakfast: Nonfat greek yogurt with stevia and cinnamon

Lunch: Turkey Chili, avocado, and a side of roasted cauliflower

Snack: Cake :-(

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla and salad :-(

Day 5 Menu: Back on Track!

Breakfast: 1/4 cup of raw, unsalted nuts.

Lunch: Kind of a hot mess, but roasted cauliflower, 1 slice provelone, and 1/4 cup of wasabi almonds.

Dinner: Green Chile Stew

LOTS OF WATER TO EXPEL THIS SALT RETENTION FROM BAD FOODS! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment