Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weight Watchers Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers

Hello all! So, as I mentioned before, I am currently trying to lose weight, to get back to my personal best (or even beyond) for my upcoming wedding and honeymoon! A few weeks ago, I rejoined Weight Watchers. As of last Sunday, I had almost lost 6 pounds...but I still have at least 10 to go, and as I said more if I can. We've been enjoying some great healthy recipes around here lately, and tonight was no exception. I found this recipe for Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers through weightwatchers.com and it was so delicious that everyone should give it a try. I omitted the celery though (blech) and added a point by adding 1 tbsp of blue cheese dressing to the top of mine. 

Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers. I didn't decide to blog about the burgers until AFTER we had eaten them, so I apologize for the lack of photos. These burgers are 8 points plus, if you do Weight Watchers. 

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
  • In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce mixture, scallion, celery, breadcrumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
  • Place burgers on grill, sauce side down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
  • To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger). Yields 1 burger per serving.

They were really delicious. I cooked up some Alexia Sea Salt and Pepper Sweet Potato Fries (highly recommended, 4 points for THIRTY PIECES!) and doused those with Frank's too, for the heck of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment